This is a time of uncertainty, a time of fear, and a time when the challenges of the moment can seem overwhelming due to COVID-19. Nonprofits are all facing difficulties that are new and unique. To all our members and leaders working to weather the storm out there, you are not alone. Resources are available to help you with guidance during these unusual times. We have gathered some resources for nonprofits together in one place below. By supporting one another and sharing information and ideas, we will get through this together.
We Want To Hear From You!
How has COVID-19 affected your organization? Share with us how you are adapting and innovating in this unique time on our Groups.io Digital Forum. Want to see what others are doing in response to public health threats? Subscribe to get updates on other organizations and share your voice.
Legislation and Advocacy:
- Update on PPP Round 2 *New*
- Congress replenishes relief programs – Navigate additional funding with the CARES Act Chatbot *New*
- Supplemental Security Income recipients will receive automatic Economic Impact Payments; step follows work between Treasury, IRS, Social Security Administration *New*
- Link to take the Flattening the Inaccessibility Curve Survey. VisionServe Alliance joins many other organizations and companies in a collaborative project to collect data and information about the experiences of adults who are blind or have low vision during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Paycheck Protection Program Borrower Fact Sheet
- How to Access Financial Aid for Non-Profit Organizations Offered through the CARES Act
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Flow Chart 3.2020
- Cutting Through the Jargon: How the CARES Act Works for Nonprofits
- Webinar: CARES Act: How to Apply for Nonprofit Relief Funds
- This Accessible COVID-19 statistics tracker was created to solve the lack of information by making critical statistics available in a text format that is easy to read and understand.
Fundraising during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Timely Tactics for Nonprofits during Crises
- Coronavirus And Your 2020 Fundraising Goals: What Nonprofits Need To Know
- Great Remote Training resource folder on the OIB-TAC website *New*
- New HR Considerations as Employees Work for Home during COVID-19 *New*
- Remote Instruction and Services for Blind and Low Vision Participants (presentation by Dr. Rachael Sessler Trinkowsky as part of the AFB Leadership Conference 2020) *New*
- The New Rules for Remote Work: Pandemic Edition
- Managing your newly remote workforce
- WATCH: Leadership In Times of A Health Crisis
- Eight Steps for Managing Through Tough Times
- Leading in a Pandemic
- How To Quickly Set Up A Work-From-Home Program
- Remote Work Policy and Agreement (downloaded sample)
- Running Effective Virtual #Nonprofit Meetings: 9 Best Practices for Facilitating Engagement
- Nonprofit Technology Policy Workbook
Role of Funders and Philanthropic Response:
- 6 Steps for Grant Makers to Take Now to Ensure Nonprofits Recover From Coronavirus Spread
- Coronavirus ‘Rapid Response’ Funds Proliferate as Threat Grows
Free/Reduced Price Virtual Services
- Helen Keller National Center is offering free access through May for their online Peer Learning Groups: *New* https://www.helenkeller.org/hknc/peer-learning-groups
- Freedom Scientific is offering people in the US and Canada a free short-term Home Annual License of JAWS, ZoomText, or Fusion which will expire June 30, 2020
- Aira is offering free service for any college student for the remainder of the spring semester ending in May 2020
- Accessibyte is offering its entire cloud platform of apps designed for children with visual impairments free for 45 days. The apps include things like arcade games and flashcards.
- Objective Ed is making its distance learning tools immediately available for all teachers and their students.
- Eyes-Free Fitness® Free Accessible Fitness For All.