Co-Chaired by John Crews, retired CDC, and Jaclyn Borchardt, Vision Forward
If you would like to receive communication and updates on committee activities, please send an email to DataAndResearchfirstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the listserv.
Visit the Research and Data page to view our database of resources.
Data & Research Resources
One Year Plan
- Conduct 3 seminars on data driven science for VSA members and partners, in collaboration with Dean Van Nasdale from OSU
- Surveillance systems and state level population estimates
- Race / ethnicity by county
- Other topic, TBD
- Assemble key articles regarding prevalence of vision impairment and disparities among people with/without vision impairment. Create a bibliography of relevant papers and make a full article, accessible, library for VSA members.
- Address development of standardized outcomes for vision rehabilitation services
- Conduct telephone conference with others currently involved in Outcomes research
- Characterize current initiatives in measuring outcomes
- Make recommendations to VSA regarding measurement strategies
- Review the NASEM Making Eye Health a Population Health Imperative (2016) report’s vision rehabilitation chapter to identify common objectives between NASEM report and VSA AVLNC strategic plan
- Identify and suggest standard vision questions for inclusion in community health surveys.