POSITION PROFILE | Chief Executive Officer and President
Vision Loss Resources seeks a caring and entrepreneurial-minded leader skilled in navigating change and building high-performing
teams. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO and President combines inspiring management and exceptional organizational
leadership abilities while working closely with the organization’s executive team. The CEO ensures that the organization is continually
well-equipped to advance its mission and vision.
The CEO and President demonstrates a deep commitment to supporting vision loss and deafblind culture and oversees responsibilities
across all programs and departments, including Vision Loss Resources, DeafBlind Services Minnesota, and Contract Production Services.
A total of 75 employees work in the organization in addition to over 120 volunteers. The executive leadership team reporting directly to
the CEO & President is: Director of Manufacturing-Contract Production Services, Controller, Director of Programs and HR Manager.
Strategy and Board
• Refine and implement ongoing strategic plan in conjunction with the Board; involve staff in planning and implementation of the
strategic plan; inspire and further the VLR vision and mission.
• Maintain strong relationships with Board members.
• Support the recruitment of new Board members in partnership with the Board Executive Committee.
• Build a culture centered on service and accountability to ensure a climate that attracts and keeps exceptional employees.
Development and Fundraising
• Drive development and fundraising in collaboration with the Development Manager and Director of Programs, leveraging the
Board as needed
• Initiate, cultivate, and extend relationships with the organization’s portfolio of individual, foundation, and corporate supporters
Financial and Operational Management
• Responsible for accomplishing the organization’s mission in a financially prudent manner.
• Ensure VLR’s financial sustainability by maintaining healthy cash flow and adequate reserves.
• Oversee CPS fiscal performance and serve as key relationship builder in business development strategy.
External Relations and Communications
• Oversee overall, communications responsibilities, including those specific to various constituencies, and the planning, organizing
and implementation of public relations programs to create awareness and support.
• Commitment to the VLR mission to provide services, skills, and support for people with vision loss.
• Substantial ability and experience working with people with disabilities, working knowledge of the function and role of a nonprofit
Board of Directors, Finance, Marketing, Program Management, Management Information Systems, and Human Resources
• Lived experience connected with the hard-of-hearing, deaf, visually impaired, blind or deafblind community.
• Master’s degree in business administration or nonprofit administration, leadership, or related field
• 10 + years’ leadership experience leading and supervising teams
• Experience working with packaging and/or manufacturing Industry.
After over 75 years on Lyndale and Franklin Avenues in Minneapolis, Vision Loss Resources, DeafBlind Services Minnesota, and Contract
Production Services moved in October 2022 to Little Canada, Minnesota.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The target base salary range for this position is $205,000-$240,000 along with discretionary annual incentive compensation and
participation in the organization’s comprehensive benefits plan.
VLR IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Vision Loss Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer for all persons regardless of age, color, national origin,
citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law
Ballinger | Leafblad is pleased to conduct the
search for a CEO and President at Vision Loss
Resources in Little Canada, Minnesota
Lars Leafblad, firstname.lastname@example.org
Marcia Ballinger, email@example.com