VisionServe Alliance’s mission is to engage leaders in building a better world through services to people with vision loss by promoting leadership development, ethical management, quality services, and professional growth. We envision a future as leaders and a unified resource in the field for advocacy, education, ethical management, professional growth and enhanced services.
Specifically, we LINK leaders in our field through Learning, Innovation, Networking, Knowledge and Sharing (LINKS) by providing:
- Support and encouragement in the delivery of quality services to people of all ages who are blind or visually impaired.
- A communication channel to members for sharing information and addressing issues regarding services, leadership, and management.
- Opportunities for collaboration and cooperation among organizations, associations and entities who serve people who are blind or visually impaired.
- A forum for chief executive officers to collect data, share information and to update executive level skills for the purpose of improving services provided by the private not-for-profit organizations they lead. We believe implicitly that strong leaders make for strong organizations.
- Opportunities to advocate and influence public policy.
We do this through two executive learning experiences (conferences) annually, informative newsletters, specialized work groups, open communications, strong member benefits that save $$$$’s, a member portal on our web-site with information and data, and organizational/board consultation services.