VisionServe Alliance is a consortium of Executive Directors/CEOs of 501(c)(3) nonprofits throughout the United States that provide unique and specialized services to people who are blind or with severe vision loss. We bring together the full diversity of services for one conversation with the ultimate goal of unifying the many issues and organizations operating independently of one another in the field. Members include organizations focusing on national advocacy and/or service issues, employment and manufacturing, adult vision rehabilitation, K-12 residential and on-line schools, early intervention and pre-school, dog guides, low vision clinics, and Braille production. Collaborative projects, national trends, stronger management and leadership, and advocacy issues have been born from these conversations and activities.
Our Mission is to engage leaders in building a better world through services for people with vision loss.
Our Vision is to be a leader and the unifying voice in the field of services for people with vision loss for advocacy, education, ethical management, professional growth, and enhanced services.
Our Purpose is to facilitate executive leadership development and strategic networking leadership opportunities in order to strengthen capacity and impact in the field of blindness and low vision.
Our Core Values:
- Exceptional Leadership is demonstrated by passion, respect, authenticity, self-awareness, communication, humility, fairness, accountability, leading by example, and focus on the big picture
- Diversity recognizes there are many paths to leadership; all who are committed to serve people who are blind or visually impaired at the executive leadership level are welcome and strengthen the conversation and solutions
- Inclusion assures all stakeholders will fully participate in the dialogue as it results in deeper understanding of and better decisions about opportunities for and challenges faced by people with blindness and low vision
- Innovation compels us to fervently seek new ideas in pursuit of the most effective approaches and solutions to enhancing the life experiences of people with blindness and low vision
- Collaboration creates resources greater than the sum of their parts when members leverage effective relationships and complementary strengths throughout their business practices