Job Category: Executive
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kentucky
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Senior Director of ABIDE will work closely with all departments of APH to provide strategic action and daily operational leadership on all accessibility, belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity policies, programs, and practices. The role will be a trusted partner to the organization for implementing initiatives that ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce and company culture. This position will provide thought leadership, perspective, and vision that champion APH’s core values and mission.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead the APH accessibility, belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity & programs.
- Partner with senior leaders across the company to embed a culture into all teams and departments at APH. Act as the subject matter expert on all matters of accessibility and diversity and be the accountability leader for the evolution of the APH strategy.
- Work with senior leaders to track the progress of accessibility and inclusion strategies. Provide recommendations to focus activities and strengthen key deliverables within specific initiatives.
- Keeps abreast of best practices and trends in DEI and brings that knowledge to inform program and policy development work.
- Communicate accessibility and inclusion standards, projects, and initiatives to all APH departments. Design and implement communication avenues to receive and share information about accessibility and inclusion, internally and externally.
- Educate the APH community and key stakeholders regarding accessibility through appropriate outreach with local, regional, and nationwide organizations that serve underrepresented communities and individuals with disabilities. Identify non-traditional sources for building and maintaining networks and partnerships to advance accessibility and inclusion initiatives.
- Be a strong voice for APH employees and advise on the development of internal employee resources to provide support and to become a strategic driver of change and innovation within the company.
- Establish metrics and benchmarks to measure the progress of accessibility, belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity goals. Continually monitor and analyze the effectiveness of programs and the overall impact on company culture.
- Collaborate with all departments, employees, and visitors to provide support and ensure compliance with APH accessibility and inclusion policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of current Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations and works to expand current accessibility programs to provide services above and beyond ADA compliance.
- Develop and assist in the planning and delivery of high-quality training programs and educational materials including, but not limited to cultural competency, gender differences, disability, sexual harassment, and building a climate of equity and inclusion. Determine the best cadence, resources, and vendors for implementation.
- Represent APH as a national thought leader in accessibility, belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity standards at conferences and events.
Education, Training, & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in developing solutions and implementing strategies with focus on accessibility, belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity resource efforts in an organization with diverse constituencies. Experience performing the duties described below may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ADA and Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act and all amendments, arts access programs and issues.
- Comfort level and experience in collaborating with and influencing both front-line staff and senior leadership teams; galvanize others into action around building more accessible and inclusive environments.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently as well as within a team with a high level of professionalism, personal integrity and dependability.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment in a highly collaborative manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization and our community partners.
- Highly effective strategic thinker with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas, unique concepts, and proposals to internal teams, peers, and leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and partnership focus. Proven ability to build trusting relationships, as well as impact, influence and collaborate with all levels of the organization and other key stakeholders.
- Must be a creative, analytic, intuitive, logical, and visionary thinker.
- Ability to manage relationships throughout the organization, coordinating time and resources according to shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated experience translating vision into strategy and delivering against the plan.
- Experience leveraging data and analytics to develop insights and drive decision-making.
- Willing to travel occasionally to conferences and seminars.
Minimum: $80,000 Midpoint: $103,000